Checks payable to St. Cecilia Music Center can be sent to the following:
St. Cecilia Music Center
Attn: Development Department
24 Ransom Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
BECOME A MONTHLY DONOR
Set up a regular monthly gift and play a constant role in supporting St. Cecilia Music Center’s programming. Monthly gifts are convenient and affordable for you – and create reliable funding for St. Cecilia Music Center.
JOIN THE MAESTRO SOCIETY
Become a member of the Maestro Society with a gift of $1,500 or more and receive an invitation to an exclusive evening in Royce Auditorium. Benefits for members include:
- Invitation to the annual Maestro Society dinner, which features a private performance by one of SCMC’s visiting artists, along with dinner on the Royce Auditorium stage. This signature event is always one of the highlights of the season for those who attend.
- Complimentary access to Pre-Concert Receptions prior to all Chamber Music Society and Jazz Series performances during the season. (Must RSVP four days before the performance date.)
- Recognition as a Maestro Society member in season program book donor listing.
- Recognition as a Maestro Society member on sign in SCMC’s lobby.
In addition to cash and credit card donations, below are other ways to give:
The tax advantage of a stock gift is that, under current tax laws, the full fair market value of stock and bonds may be deducted. To make a stock gift, please contact Development Director Lauren Cooper for SCMC’s account information.
Pay tribute to your loved ones with an honorary or memorial gift and inspire philanthropy in others.
Simply enter the amount you would like to donate and use the options on the online giving form to
tell us who you would like to celebrate through your gift. To make a tributary gift by phone, please call Development Associate Audrey Borgman at 616.459.2224 x210.
More than 1,000 companies and foundations in the United States currently match their employees’ gifts to nonprofit organizations like St. Cecilia Music Center. Cash gifts or gifts of volunteer time from a company’s employees are matched with company funds. Please check with your Human Resources Department to find out if employee matching is available to you.
DONOR ADVISED FUNDS
Make a gift through a Donor Advised Fund (DAF), an increasingly popular way to donate that provides flexibility in supporting your favorite causes. DAFs allow you to centralize and simplify your charitable giving and provide favorable tax benefits.
Learn more here.
Planned Giving is a great way to support St. Cecilia Music Center and make a lasting impact by planning for the future. When you make a charitable gift through your estate, you allow SCMC to continue creating musical experiences, on and off the stage, for years to come. Learn more about your options for planned gifts here.
IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
Are you 70 1/2 or older? The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 (know popularly as the IRA Charitable Rollover) allows you to transfer up to $100,000 each year to charity without it being treated as a taxable distribution.
Here are the requirements and restrictions:
- The donor must be 70 ½ or older.
- The gift must be made directly from the IRA to an eligible charitable organization.
- Gifts to all charities combined cannot exceed a total of $100,000 per taxpayer for the year.
- The gifts must be outright, and no material benefits can be received in return for the gifts.
- Gifts cannot be made to a donor advised fund, supporting organization, or private foundation.
- The gift is not included in taxable income, and no charitable deduction is allowed.
- The gift can only be made from an IRA. Gifts from 401(k), 403(b), and 457 plans are not permitted.